When going to any country, you need to apply for a visa, and Vietnam as well. Entering Vietnam with visiting purpose requires you to have Vietnam tourist visa. So what is Vietnam tourist visa and how to apply for it?
As you know, there are 2 option to apply for a Vietnam Visa in Japan: apply Visa online Vietnam and apply at Vietnam Embassy. Vietnam tourist visa is a landmark service initiated by the Government of Vietnam so as to travel to Vietnam.
All of foreign visitors are required to hold a valid Vietnam Tourist Visa. Do not worry, this kind of visa is very easy to get. Let’s discover step by step to know more about this kind of visa.
Table of Contents
Vietnam travel visa – Vietnam tourist visa from Japan
It’s not overdo to say that Vietnam is a wonderful destination with cheap price and amazing landscape; super-friendly locals and extremely delicious food. Do you want to have an unforgettable experience in Vietnam? Very easy! Quickly obtain a Vietnam tourist visa either at embassy or on arrival with assistance of travel agents, then you can enjoy your dreaming trip!
Vietnam also has exemption program, there are 16 countries whose nationals are permitted to enter Vietnam without a visa, but of course there has a limited period. Please refer to the table below to check Vietnam tourist visa requirement first.
List of countries exempt from the visa to enter Vietnam
If your nationality is not in exemption list and you are required a Vietnam tourist visa, do not be worried. The process of getting a visa turns out to be simpler than you think, which lots of supports from visa agent.
Validity of Vietnam tourist visa
As any kinds of visa, you need to apply for the period – how long you want to stay in Vietnam, because its validity refers to the length of time you are permitted to stay. It is time period from expected date of arrival on the application form to visa expiration date as shown on the visa and you can apply for a maximum validity of 3 months.
Note: You can obtain Japan travel Vietnam visa by businessmen for short business trip. Because the customs officer never concerns about your real purpose of the trip so there is not any problem at all when you do that.
How many types of Vietnam tourist visa?
Vietnam tourist visa can be granted on single and multiple entries. In case you want to travel frequently with a multiple entry visa, you do not have to obtain for a new visa every time you enter Vietnam. In contrast, in case you apply single entry visa, your visa will automatically expires immediately after you exit Vietnam.
What is the procedures of Vietnam tourist visa?
Applying for Vietnam tourist visa from Japan to Vietnam can be done personally or online depending on mode of transport you use to enter Vietnam.
Enter by bus or cruise
Travelers who enter Vietnam by bus or cruise are required to apply Vietnam tourist visa at Embassy or Consulate before reaching the border. What do you need to prepare? You have to submit these requirements (which may vary slightly from embassy to embassy):
– Your original passport with at least 6 months validity
– Visa application form (available at embassy office)
– 01 recent passport-sized photo
To avoid long queue and wasting time, some embassies encourage the applicants to submit visa application by post or email. If you are unable to visit the embassy due to long distance or matters, you can contact the consular office in advance to check whether postal application is acceptable or not.
It will take you from 5 to 7 business days since the date of receipt of application to receive your visa. Expedited visa processing is available upon request.
Enter Vietnam by plane
We are happily to inform you that foreigners who arrive in Vietnam by air are able to get Vietnamese tourist visa either at embassy or Vietnam visa on arrival. We also recommend you to apply Vietnam visa on Arrival as it’s less time-consuming, hassle-free and cheap price.
How does Vietnam visa on arrival work?
- Fill in Vietnam Visa application form with your information.
- Double check your information and make a payment. This is the service fee for visa agent to proceed your visa application.
- Receive approval letter within days you choose. Normally, it takes you in 2 working days to get the letter.
- When you arrive at a Vietnam international airport, please present the approval letter, your passport, 2 passport photos (4×6 cm or 2×2 inches) and pay stamping fee to get your Vietnam visa.
You should be noted:
- Service fee: This is the fee you pay visa agent for applying your visa request.
- Stamping fee: This is the fee ruled by the Immigration Department that you have to pay in cash at your arrival airport to be granted a Vietnam visa.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months and have at least 2 blanked left pages.
- ONLY person who travel by AIR to Vietnam can use Visa On Arrival.
- You can check your Vietnam visa fee by clicking Vietnam visa cost 2019