Vietnam e-Visa is a new rule of Vietnam Government that allow foreigners to enter this country in 30 days. This section will come up with a solution about Vietnam e-visa especially for Canadian citizens.
Thanks to the convenient movement and the simple process, Canadian passport holders nowadays are not difficult as in the past to get a Vietnam Visa. Depending on your purpose to visit Vietnam, you can apply relevant visa, including Vietnam Evisa.
Table of Contents
What is Vietnam E-visa?
The online e-Visa is an Electronic authorization that permits citizens of eligible countries to travel to Vietnam. It is an electronic visa that permits its holder to visit Vietnam for touristic, business or medical purposes for up to 30 consecutive days.
On the list of every traveler in SE Asia, Vietnam is one of the most popular countries that they tend to go. The foreigners arriving to Vietnam these days have many questions about Vietnam e-visa which is officially launched on February 1, 2017 by the Vietnamese Government in its pilot plan until February 1, 2021, that makes the movement from foreign countries to this country be simpler. According to the program, citizens from 46 countries can get their E-visa electronically. Is Vietnam e-Visa eligible for Canadian citizens?
To answer this question, we are happy to inform that, Canadian citizens are eligible for Vietnam e-visa! In the first stage of this plan, this kind of visa is available for just 80 nationals including Canada.
Frequently asked question about Vietnam E-visa
What do I need to prepare when applying for a Vietnam E-visa?
Remember to prepare the following documents so as to apply for Vietnam visa:
- Your original passport (at least 6 months in validity after arrival to Vietnam)
- A Credit / Debit card / Paypal account
- Digital Passport Scan (main page)
- Digital ID/Passport image
How long does it take to obtain an E-visa?
There are many cases that you can choose, waiting time will depend on it. There are three options:
- Standard Case: 5 business days.
- Rush Case: 4 business days.
- Urgent Case: 2 business days.
How long is the Vietnam E-visa valid?
The Vietnam E-visa has the validity of 30 days after your arrival. In addition, it is a single entry visa and it permits for a maximum stay of 30 days.
What are requirements of Vietnam e-Visa for Canadian citizens?
Your passport must have validity for a minimum of 30 days beyond the visa expiry date. For example, in case you enter Vietnam today and your visa expires in 30 days, then your passport must be valid for at least 60 days.
Ports of entry that permit the use of Vietnam E-visa
- Noi Bai International Airport (Ha Noi)
- Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong)
- Da Nang International Airport
- Cam Ranh International Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Phu Bai International Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
What do I need to show when entering Vietnam?
When entering Vietnam, you must present a printed copy of the E-visa, accompany with your passport.
Important information you need to consider before applying
- An Vietnam Evisa is valid for 30 days with single entry, from the proposed date of entry indicated during the application and Vietnam visa on arrival is the option you should choose for multiple entries or a stay in excess of 30 days. You can also find out ways to apply for visa on arrival by reading
- When having Vietnam Evisa, you can remain in this country for a maximum of 30 consecutive days after the initial entry date.
- Canadian nationals wanting to visit Vietnam must have their passport with at least 6-month validity from the planned date of entry.
- Your passport must be valid for at least one months after arrival in Vietnam and it must have at least 2 blank pages for the immigration and border control officer.
- Minors who have their own passport must complete a full E-visa application. Minors who are 14 and under and included on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents E-visa application.
- Applicants are also needed to carry a copy of their E-visa at all times during their stay.
How to apply online for Vietnam E-visa?
The Canadian applicants satisfy above regulation can make an application for Vietnam e-visa. They will need to follows 3 steps below:
- Step 1: Complete the online form in the websites https://visaonlinevietnam.com/. Photo uploaded must be recent taken photos with bare face shown, straight looking with no glasses;
- Step 2: Get the application code and pay the service fee with your credit/debit card;
- Step 3: Use the code to check the result, if approved, print off e-visa and use the document at airports.
Time needed to let the applicants know if their applications approved or not is three (03) working days. A PDF file of the visa will be sent to successful applicant to print off and use at the arrival airports (8 international airports including Noi Bai in Hanoi, Tan San Nhat in HCMC and Danang in Danang) and border crossings.
How to apply for Vietnam visa for longer stay with multiple entries?
For the Canadian citizens who will stay in Vietnam more than 30 days; or those who expect to enter and exit Vietnam multiple times (for visiting the 3rd countries like Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar… before coming back to Vietnam and flying home); or those who travel Vietnam for business purposes then Vietnam visa on arrival or Vietnam Embassy visa application is highly recommended. In order to apply for a visa on arrival, you are instructed to complete 3 simple steps as below:
- Step 1: Fill in an online application form and make a payment for processing service fee
- Step 2: Get a visa approval letter delivered via email within 2 hours (emergency service) or 2 working days (normal service)
- Step 3: Present the original passport, copy of approval letter (in hard copy), 2 photos (at passport sized) and pay the stamping fee to get visa attached on the passport at arrival airport
ww.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications
If you have any further queries, comments or feedback, do not hesitate to contact us at Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18/ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718 or Email: email@example.com/ Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/