A Detailed Guide about Vietnam Tourist and Business Visa for Japanese citizens (holders of a valid Japan passport)!
Table of Contents
Vietnam has been a popular destination for tourists around the world, including Japanese citizens. To enter Vietnam, Japanese citizens must obtain a visa or qualify for a visa exemption. This article will guide Japanese travelers through the process of obtaining a Vietnam visa, focusing on two types: eVisa and Visa on Arrival.
Who will use Vietnam Visa for Japanese Citizens – eVisa Visa on Arrival
Japanese citizens who plan to travel to Vietnam for tourism or business purposes will need a visa to enter the country.
Where is Vietnam Visa for Japanese Citizens – eVisa Visa on Arrival
Japan nationals can apply for a Vietnam visa from anywhere in the world, as long as they have access to an internet connection.
When is Vietnam Visa for Japanese Citizens – eVisa Visa on Arrival
The best time to apply for a Vietnam visa is at least one month before your trip. This allows enough time for processing and avoids any potential delays. However, Japanese citizens can also apply for a visa on arrival at the airport upon arrival in Vietnam with prior approval.
How to use Vietnam Visa for Japanese Citizens – eVisa Visa on Arrival
How to get a Vietnam tourist visa for Japanese citizens
Japanese citizens can apply for a Vietnam tourist visa online via eVisa or Visa on Arrival. Currently, Japan passport holders can only get a 30-day single entry tourist visa, which is issued in the form of a loose-leaf visa and must be obtained before departure for Vietnam. The other types of tourist visas for Vietnam have not been resumed yet.
For eVisa, applicants can follow these three simple steps:
- Complete a secure online visa application form
- Make payment
- Receive the evisa letter to be delivered by email within 3-5 business days.
For Visa on Arrival, applicants must have an approval letter from a travel agent or tour company in Vietnam before departure. The process involves:
- Filling out an online application form and paying for the service fee
- Receiving an approval letter via email from the travel agent/tour company
- Printing out the approval letter and bringing it along with passport photos and fees to the arrival airport in Vietnam
- Collecting the visa stamp upon arrival.
How to get a Vietnam business visa for Japanese citizens
To obtain a Vietnam business visa, Japanese citizens must submit an application to the nearest Vietnam embassy or consulate. Applicants must provide the following documents:
- A valid passport with at least six months validity
- A completed visa application form
- One passport-sized photo
- A copy of the flight itinerary
- A business introduction letter from your company in Japan or Vietnam
- A sponsor letter from the Vietnamese company if required
Pros and Cons Vietnam Visa for Japanese Citizens – eVisa Visa on Arrival
Pros of eVisa
- No need to visit the Vietnamese embassy or consulate
- Simple online application process
- Quick processing time
- Low cost
Cons of eVisa
- Only applicable for single entry and short-term stays
- Not valid for all types of visas
Pros of Visa on Arrival
- No need to send passports away from home
- More flexible than the eVisa, allowing for multiple entries and longer stays
- Can be processed quickly
Cons of Visa on Arrival
- Requires pre-approval and coordination with a travel agent or tour company in Vietnam
- May result in waiting time at the airport upon arrival
5 FAQs Vietnam Visa for Japanese Citizens – eVisa Visa on Arrival
Q1. Is a visa required for Japanese nationals to enter Vietnam?
Yes, all Japanese citizens must obtain a visa to enter Vietnam.
Q2. How long can Japanese citizens stay in Vietnam with an eVisa or Visa on Arrival?
With an eVisa or Visa on Arrival, Japanese citizens can only stay in Vietnam for up to 30 days.
Q3. Can I extend my eVisa or Visa on Arrival in Vietnam?
No, the eVisa and Visa on Arrival cannot be extended.
Q4. What are the fees for a Vietnam visa for Japanese citizens?
The fees for a Vietnam visa vary depending on the type of visa and processing time. Typically, the cost ranges from $25-$135.
Q5. How long does it take to process a Vietnam visa for Japanese citizens?
For eVisa, it takes around three to five business days. For Visa on Arrival, it takes about two working days for the approval letter to be issued.
In conclusion, obtaining a Vietnam visafor Japanese citizens is a necessary step before entering the country for tourism or business purposes. The eVisa and Visa on Arrival are two types of visas that Japanese citizens can apply for online. It is recommended to apply for a visa at least one month before departing for Vietnam to avoid any potential delays in processing. Additionally, it is important to note that the 15-day visa exemption for Japanese citizens has been reintroduced since March 15, 2022. However, if you wish to stay longer than 15 consecutive days, applying for a valid visa for Vietnam is highly recommended.
Overall, Japanese citizens visiting Vietnam have several options for obtaining a visa. Whether you choose the eVisa or Visa on Arrival, both provide a simple and convenient process to obtain your visa. Just make sure to carefully read through the requirements and restrictions of each visa type to determine which option works best for your travel plans.Vietnam Visa for Japanese Citizens – eVisa Visa on Arrival