Foreigners when going to others countries all need to hold visa except from their country is in Vietnam visa exemption list. If you are a resident of Canada then you require a Visa to visit Vietnam. What are Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens?
Vietnam Visa Exemption List
Not all the foreigners in all countries all over the world need to apply Vietnam visa, there also has exemption. This is list of countries that Vietnam Immigration allows their citizens to enter Vietnam without visa with detailed length of stay.
|No||Citizens of||Days of Free Visa|
|1||United Kingdom||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|2||France||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|3||Italy||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|4||Spain||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|5||Germany||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2021)|
|6||Belarus||15 days (Valid until 30 June 2020)|
|8||South Korea||15 days|
|23||Chile||90 days (Starting from 11 August 2017)|
Unfortunately, Canada isn’t in this list. If you are Canadian citizens, you still need visa to enter Vietnam to response Vietnam visa requirement for Canadian citizens. In case you are not Canadian citizen, you can check the table to know whether you need to apply Vietnam visa or not.
Besides, there are two cases that the you can travel to Vietnam without Visa
- APEC business travel card holders are exempt from Vietnam visa for not more than 90 days.
- Travelers to Phu Quoc Island with round trip air ticket and staying on the island for 30 days or less are exempt from having Vietnam visa. A visa is required if going outside the island.
Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Vietnam Immigration Department is the second government organization department that authorizes issuing Vietnam visa on arrival since 2003. Applying Vietnam evisa people need:
- A valid passport with at least 1 month left
- An empty page in your passport for your visa to be pasted in
- 2 passport photos size (these photos and the passport will be handed in at the airport where you will arrive)
- Online payment tools (example: credit cards like visa or master card, PayPal, see more at the payment methods)
- USA cash pay for the visa fees at the airport
Applying Vietnam Visa At Vietnam Embassy in Canada
This is the traditional way that more people has been applying. In order to apply for your Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens at the Vietnam embassy, it is important you observe the following:
- The Vietnam embassy in Canada is open only within work hours on business days.
- The Vietnam embassy in Canada is reachable by telephone but you can still present yourself there in person to get information on what is required from you by the immigration department of Vietnam, as a visa applicant to Vietnam.
You can refer to the contact information of the Vietnam embassy in Canada as below:
Embassy of Vietnam in Ottawa, Canada
- Address: 470 Wilbrod Street, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6M8
- Telephone: (613) 236 0772
- Fax: (613) 236 2704
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (Consular)
Consulate of Vietnam in Vancouver, Canada
- Address: #800-605 Robson Street, Vancouver B.C. V6B5J3, Canada
- Tel. +1 604 629 0189
- Fax: +1 604 681 2906
- Email: email@example.com
Applying Vietnam Visa On Arrival
Steps to applying online for the Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens is very simple. It just takes you some minutes to complete the application form. The procedure for applying a Vietnam visa for Canadian citizen is strictly for air travelers and entails the following steps:
- Checkout the visa application form available online at our website
- Pay the set application fees through us and follow our instructions
- Receive the letter of approval from us in your email within 48 business hours.
- Present your letter of approval, your passport and two of your recent passport photos at one of the three Vietnam international airports (Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai, Da Nang) as you pay the visa stamping fee before you are handed a Vietnam visa.
Simple steps to get Vietnam visa for Canadian citizens
Foreigners in general and Canadian passport holders in particular can apply Vietnam visa on Arrival in Canada or any country, no matter where you are, because this type of visa can be applied online.
To apply for Vietnam tourist visa in Canada, you just need to follow 3 simple step below:
- STEP 1: FILLING OUT THE SECURE APPLY VIETNAM VISA FORM ONLINE with your information including Full name, Date of birth, Passport number, Nationality, Date of arrival, Vietnam visa length.
- STEP 2: GETTING THE CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT REQUIREMENTS double check your information and make a payment with a list of payment methods we accept and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- STEP 3: RECEIVING YOUR APPROVAL LETTER AND INSTRUCTIONS TO GET YOUR VISA STAMPED We shall automatically process approval letter and give the result back to your contact’s email on the bookings as processing time.
Applying Vietnam visa on Arrival, you can get your Vietnam visa in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Victoria, Halifax, Quebec, Calgary or any cities in Canada. Let’s apply visa at visaonlinevietnam.com!
Documents of Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens
Both applicants of the Vietnam visa by direct application at the embassy and those who apply for the Vietnam visa online through agents’ websites are required to meet the following standards:
- Must have a valid passport you acquired over six months ago
- Must have two most recent passport photos at hand, that aren’t any older than six months.
- The letter of approval you present must present information that matches that in your passport.
Prerequisites required for filling up the visa application form
Following are some of the other prerequisites required to fill up the visa application form.
- Full name of the applicant needs to be mentioned in the passport. However, the order in which the surname and name is placed is not important. So, the applicant uses any format while using it in the passport. Place name before the surname or otherwise.
- The date of birth: The date of birth format in Vietnam is DD/MM/YY.
- The nationality mentioned in the passport. The passport required to gain entry into Vietnam should be valid for 6 months from the date of arrival.
- The passport number: It should be similar to that displayed in the passport and it should be valid for 6 months from the arrival date.
- The date of Arrival: The applicants need to fill up the exact arrival date. Travellers can visit Vietnam later than the arrival date mentioned on the passport, but not before the approved date.
- Passport size photographs: It is mandatory to carry passport photographs while visiting Vietnam. These photos are required at the airports. It is advised to submit online the application form.
Vietnam Visa Requirements for Canadian citizens: Work permit
Canadian citizens are now in Vietnam for working purpose so much. You know, if Canadian passport holders want to work in Vietnam in a long time, they can not apply for tourism Vietnam Visa, they need Visa to work, this is also a permission that allows them to work in Vietnam.
About Vietnam visa requirements for Canadian citizens for Work Permit, there are something to be noted:
- Person who does not have a Company in Vietnam agreed to guarantee, please let Visa Agent know so they can handle trade visa instead.
- Dossier set submitted to apply for Visa is irrevocable so at that time travelers must still pay fee as normal
- In case Visa cannot be obtained by visa agent’s fault, they will redo or correct free of charge or refund as required by passenger
- When obtaining Visa, applicants can travel by air or road or waterway from England or from other countries to Vietnam.
Visit customer support team in case of any queries
There is the customer support service centre and therefore if there are any queries pertaining to the visa application process then the applicant can visit the customer support team of the website where the individual has filled and submitted online visa application form.
From the above discussions it is apparent that Canadian citizens do require visas to travel to Vietnam. However, in this context, it can be said that the visa application process is simple in Canada. It does not take that much time to procure the document. There are sections of the population that visit Vietnam for business requirements. There are others who sometimes prefer spending some quality time in that country.
Since the distance between the two countries in context is significant, therefore tourists or business persons prefer to use the air travel as an ideal means of transport.
www.VisaOnlineVietnam.com is operated by VIETNAM VISA SERVICE., Co. LTD VIETNAM with more than 18-years experience in visa service and 20-year in traveling arrangement. This website was set up to offer visa applicants the most convenient but cheapest services that meet the criteria of Quality, Safe and Secure; Reliability, Prompt Responses, Competitive Prices, and Customer-Focused Approach; save your time & money; Money back guarantees for declined applications.
Should you need any further information or have any problem with visa, contact us:
- Address: 1 Floor, 56 Nguyen Cu Trinh Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Phone: +84 839 20 24 26
- Hotline: +84 968 18 77 18 \ WhatsApp: +84 – 982 879718
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tollfree USA: 1866-278-6239
- Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/visaonlinevietnamcom/